Hyundai Santa Fe: Air cleaner
It must be replaced when necessary, and should not be washed.
You can clean the filter when inspecting the air cleaner element.
Clean the filter by using compressed air.
1. Loosen the air cleaner cover attaching clips and open the cover.
2. Wipe the inside of the air cleaner.
3. Lift the air cleaner cover and pull the air cleaner filter cover.
4. Pull the air cleaner to replace.
5. Lock the cover with the cover attaching clips.
6. Verify that the air cleaner cover is properly attached at all four corners and sealing against air cleaner.
Replace the filter according to the Maintenance Schedule.
If the vehicle is operated in extremely dusty or sandy areas, replace the element more often than the usual recommended intervals. (Refer to “Maintenance under severe usage conditions” in this section.)
- Do not drive with the air cleaner removed; this will result in excessive engine wear.
- When removing the air cleaner filter, be careful that dust or dirt does not enter the air intake, or damage may result.
- Use a HYUNDAI genuine part. Use of nongenuine part could damage the air flow sensor.
Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S). Repair procedures
Inspection 1. Turn the ignition switch OFF. 2. Disconnect the HO2S connector. 3. Measure resistance between th ...
Troubleshooting Symptom Suspect area Engine will not start or stuggle to start Vapor hose damaged or disconnected Engine stuggle ...
Power Window Motor. Repair procedures
Inspection Front Power Window Motor 1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal. 2. Remove the front door trim. ...